How do I prepare the PX-80 to capture?
It is just a few simple steps to prepare to capture with PX-80 Lidar Scanner.
- Position PX-80 in case so the bottom of the device is accessible and attach extension pole.
- Remove the lens cap from the top camera and turn the PX-80 on.
- Make sure the iPad mini is on and paired with your PX-80 hotspot
- Hold up the device and place in the harness, if using one.
- Open the Capture app, select a project, and tap NEW CAPTURE to begin capturing.
- Hold PX-80 upright wait a few seconds and then walk forward at a steady pace to scan.
- Plan where you will start and stop each scan. Start in areas with a wide field of view.
- Breaking up scans into smaller sizes will result in faster processing times. We recommend 10-15 mins capture time. Captures can be up to 35 minutes in length. Just make sure to have some overlap between captures!
- Tap SAVE or CANCEL to stop capturing.
- Replace the lens cap, power off the device and return PX-80 to its case when you’re finished.