General Operation Tips
- Limit captures to a length of 35 mins or less. We recommend keeping captures under 12 mins as you get started.
- Ensure scans overlap by a minimum of 2 meters if you plan to register them together.
- We recommend starting and stopping in the same location to minimize drift. Overlapping by 2 meters ensures the best loop closure.
- The less area occluded by the scanning technician, the better.
- For more complex spaces, consider taking some preliminary scans to see how they come out before committing to a longer scan.
- It is better to overlap scanned areas than to go a long distance and then return (don’t use a lawnmower pattern).
- It’s better to scan with fewer people and moving objects in the scene.