Tips for Scanning Small Rooms and Tight Spaces
- Keep the device vertical as you move through the doorway
- Move slowly!
- Walk into the center of the room, stand still and slowly tilt the device to capture floor and ceiling (if needed).
- Do not rotate to leave the room. Instead, back out of the room slowly while keeping the PX-80 vertical.
- Sometimes you don't have to even enter the space with your body. You can just pre-scan the space by pointing the LiDAR stream into the space and then rotating to get all the areas you need for your scan.
- Remember to keep the device at least half a meter from any wall or object you want in the scan.